If you tuned into the Indie Book’s Blog Talk Radio show yesterday at 4:30 PST, you already know! If you haven’t yet checked out the show, you should. Not only do we share our news, industry news, but we talk about promotion, platform and have the occasional dork moment, too.
So….raise your hand if you saw my Facebook and Twitter shout that #1722 was Play Fling’s highest rank point on the Amazon Kindle ranking system. Oops!
I was wrong.
Oh My Chocolate, people!
AND, Play Fling made it to #54 on the Humor list, and #64 on the Comic list, beat out by Snooki and Janet Evanovich which, hey, I’ll take.
Uncork the champagne! So what if its morning! Sneak it in the closet. This is huge reason to celebrate.
Just last week, mere days before the event, Play Fling ranged around the #20000 range to the #90000 range. We had about 65 total event sales and that is all it took to shoot up that high.
It begs the questions:
- How many more sales would have pushed it to the top.
- The holiday weekend was slow for sales overall. On a higher buying day, would sales have naturally increased for Play Fling thanks to Amazon’s recommendation system? Would it have been harder to climb so high? Easier?
- 65 really, when you think about the literally hundreds that knew about the big day, isn’t all that much. What prevented some from getting in on the low price and rally of support? Did life happen? Did some just get busy? Or are some of us waiting to see what this program is really all about?
Here’s what I did to prepare for the day:
- I created Goodreads ads and watched their impact on sales.
- I created and tweaked and toyed with Google Adwords and analyzed their impact on sales.
- I updated Play Fling‘s cover to make it more “buy me now.”
- I updated, again, and again, Play Fling ‘copy’ on Amazon.
- I asked readers to put up reviews.
- I earned book reviewer sponsorship and support from Book Lovin’ Bitches (Theresa be thy name) , A Chick Who Reads, My Eclectic Bookshelf (gorgeous site), Ao Bibliosphere (super fun Millie interview), Mark of the Stars (fellow Alien Collective), Alise On Life, The Pen & Muse, Sugar Beats Books, Perilously Precocious Librarian, ParaYourNormal, BookingIt and more.
- I emailed, Facebooked, Twittered and yahoo-ed my rear off.
What I’m doing now:
- Thanking everyone who helped, as individually as possible.
- Sorting out the rebates on Love Lust and Indian Moon with the tech person.
- Preparing to draw winners for the 13 Amazon gift cards.
- Catching up on sleep and fighting off a sinus infection.
- Mentally switching gears for the next Bestseller For a Day–yep, it’s a program NOT a stunt!
Thank you all sooooooooooo much. Hope you have an amazing week.