The Project Pay It Forward books are launched. Four copies of Touched By An Alien by Gini Koch and a copy each of Shadow Bound by Erin Kellison and Mind Games by Carolyn Crane, in a book off. Perhaps you happen to be one of the few who haven’t yet read these gems. Maybe you’re still uncertain. Well, since I’m a list maker, tune in for the next three Fridays to view my 10 Reasons… for each book.
We’re starting with Mind Games, because the sequel, Double Cross, releases September 28th!
10 Reasons to Love Mind Games and all things Disillusionist:
1. Premise. Our heroine is a hypochondriac and that phobia becomes her super power. The author made hypochondria cool.
2. Bad, bad boy. I’m in love with Packard even though I am not sure I should trust him. He’s so good yet so bad and might turn out to be a villain. I’d like to make out with him anyway.
3. Normalcy gone. Justine Jones wishes for normal. Her own disillusionment comes from realizing there is no normal. Who else can totally relate to this?
4. Midcity. It’s so urban and while it could be any modern metropolis, reminds me of Gotham City only darker.
5. Imagination. A serial killer that slaughters random people by bashing them with a brick telepathically thrown? Whoa. Freaky and scary.
6. Silver Widow. One of the marks of the team of psuedo superheroes. She is so evil and yet, I grow to understand her quite a bit. It’s unnerving and yet so true to life and human nature.
7. So sexy. Whether its a panty singing kiss scene or a crossing the lines love scene, the author makes them feel real.
8. Highcaps. The fact that humans have developed mental powers and are using them for their own selfish and sordid purposes. So smart.
9. Tense. Being written in present tense rather than past adds to the tension and the superhero feel of the novel.
10. Little crushes. Justine’s fellow Disillusionists come in the form of a few drool worthy, fatally flawed heroes with such huge series potential. A gambler, a dream invader and much more. I especially love that the author gave a hot chick a chipped tooth and that it somehow added to her beauty.
So, what do you think? Intrigued? Go BUY now! Already got it? Anything to add?