Are you strange? Is the song in your head now, too?
My beloved favorite author to stalk, Gini Koch, has included my blog in seven that she passed this illustrious award to.
Yay! I am strange!
This award is based on the release of Cate Gardner’s short story collection, Strange Men in Pinstriped Suits. The book is available for pre-order and at a discount of $1.99 off of the cover price. To help celebrate this release, Cate and Strange Publications have a contest with two prize packages to choose from.
The ‘Strange Men in Pinstripe Suits’ award is given to only the strangest of folk, and as the recipient of such I am deemed very strange indeed.
Now I must go forth and celebrate the strangeness of friends (and strangers – strangers are always allowed) by nominating blogs run by strange folk. *Beware, some people don’t like you to refer to them as strange…Try to avoid them if possible.
Some rules for nominees:
1. Add the logo of the award to your blog post.
2. Add a link to the person who awarded it to you (don’t mess with strange people).
3. Nominate seven other blogs telling us why you think the recipient is strange enough to deserve the award.
4. Leave a message for those nominated on their blogs.
5. And, if you email catephoenix(at)gmail(dot)com and tell her you’ve received the award for your strangeness, she’ll enter you in the biggest kick-ass Strange Men competition ever. Details over at strangemeninpinstripesuits.com (click on the award link on the home page)
My nominees are:
-Jacquie Rogers, for her way of always making me grin by email…strange! http://jacquierogers.blogspot.com/
-Deena Remiel, for her strangely hypnotic Brethren. http://DeenaRemiel.com
-Keta Diablo, for her love of all things male. http://thestuffofmythandmen.blogspot.com/
-Erin Quinn, for her delicious descriptions that just come to her…strange. http://quinnessentials.blogspot.com/
-Lynn Rush, for her strangely wonderful blog theme days. http://lynnrush.wordpress.com/
-Smutty Hussy Cecile, for her love of smut. http://alliwantandmore.blogspot.com/
Now, for the FUN part! The motivation! Today, I dare you to embrace your own individual strangeness and odd-erificalities today. Here are three strange things about me:
1. I really can stop evil doers with one fatal stab of my “you’re an idiot” look. (Just ask my poor husband.)
2. Except when retelling kid stories, I am completely unable to discuss farting, pooping and many other unladylike topics.
3. I secretly judge people by their bathroom. I know! Terrible, right? I don’t do it as a we can’t be friends thing. I just find them insightful about a person’s personality.
Alright. I confessed. I embraced. Your turn!