Three days later, I am still Desert Dreaming! Wow. The conference was phenomenal. I am so lucky to be a part of the Desert Rose RWA and to be among so many talented, generous writers. So, on to all my great news.
1. Everyone dug my promo door tags “Have You Seen My Muse?” and I’m really glad I handed them out rather than put them in the goodie bags because it got me in conversation with writers I had not met and helped me reconnect with ones I hadn’t seen in awhile.
2. Volunteering put me in the middle of the fray and helped me land two extra pitch sessions. I am thrilled to report I got two partials and a full request for Fierce Dawn. Additionally, I had an astounding pitching experience with Deb Werksman of Sourcebooks. She was so sincere and attentive and I left our meeting feeling so good about my career and my dreams. I adore her.
3. All the practice handing out promo items paid off. I approached a publicist, an agent, an editor and an author about interviewing with me for “Industry Compass” at 1st Turning Point. All agreed!!
5. I won the Gini Koch Fight the Fuglies limited edition pink bag! Her book Touched by an Alien is one of the funniest, sexiest reads I’ve had in a long time. No wonder it’s already at #49 on Barnes and Noble’s bestseller list. Yes. I am now stalking her. (Come by Friday to see just how much I stalk.)
6. If that wasn’t enough to have me skipping like a kid with ice cream, first thing Monday morning I got the wonderful news that my Red Carpet Writing proposal has been accepted to be among the workshop line-up for the Emerald City Writers Conference this October!!!
I feel like the luckiest person on the planet. Nobody pinch me because I do not want to wake up!