Remember back when hump was the funniest, naughtiest word ever?
Now I get to type it every other Wednesday and more as I fill you all in on my progress. Here’s the latest:
1. I spelled an agent’s name wrong in a query, a cardinal sin in publishing. Ahhhhh!!!! Fliggle, flapple, ack! Does it help that I owned up to my mistake and sent her an apology? Humble pie in this novel writing life is great with whipped cream!
2. The hugely generous Gini Koch, author of Touched By An Alien, is sharing her insights in a free pitch class for the members of Desert Rose RWA with the help of Helen King, our chapter PRO liaison. I don’t know where I’d be without all these amazing mentors. So far, I’ve learned that Fierce Dawn is True Blood crossed with X-Men and that my heroine uses her developing supernatural powers, seduction and wits to overcome obstacles.
4. Read an Ebook Week was a giant success at Smashwords. If anyone missed their free download of Play Fling, email me for your coupon code.
5. My husband left for work yesterday saying, “See you later alligator, after a while crocodiles.” My daughter hollered, “Later snakes!” Kids are the BEST!
6. I hooked Immortal Realmers to Facebook and Twitter so updates will go to both. Plus, members can do it, too.
8. I queried an editor and four agents last week, too. WooHoo!!