Whether it’s books on writing, self-help, parenting or fiction, I’m reading something every day. But, in life, nothing beats hands on experience. Here’s what the books don’t tell you:
1. Washable crayons are NOT bathtub crayons.
3. Prince Charming farts. (Say it isn’t so!)
4. Some babies skip crawling and go directly to running.
5. Even bestselling authors get bad reviews.
6. Some of those bibs from the baby shower are for drool. Lots and lots (and lots) of drool.
7. Moms don’t really like burnt toast. (Who knew?)
8. Promoting your books does NOT mean selling your books.
9. The things that made you fall in love may one day be the things that most annoy you.
10. Happily ever after is a state of mind and takes work, every day. And it’s worth the effort.
What is your favorite little life lesson to add in?